SabreCast #17: Sabres vs Senators
Monday, October 27th, 2008 10:50 pm by Mike
The Buffalo Sabres were handed their first regulation loss against the Ottawa Senators. The Sabres lost 5-2 in a game that saw Lalime in the net and was filled with special teams play. Both teams scored two power play goals, Sabres’ coming from MacArthur and Numminen (or maybe Roy).
- The Refs were a little overzealous with the whistles and the Sabres got into penalty trouble early. The Sabres allowed two early Power Play goals, but also scored two late Power Play goals.
- This game was probably the worst of the season for the Sabres. They were very sloppy in their own end and struggled on the penalty kill.
- MacArthur padded his numbers and scored his fourth goal of the season, his third on the Power Play.
- Notables: Numminen got credit for the second goal, but during the podcast, we thought it was Roy.
- Matt’s Prediction: 4-0 W (Afinogenov, Stafford, Lydman)
- Mike’s Prediction: 5-3 W (Kotalik, Roy, Spacek)
- Prediction Game Results
- 2008-09 Prediction Challenge
- Matt’s Three Stars: Spezza, Auld, Schubert
- Mike’s Three Stars: Spezza, Auld, Peters
- SabreCast Three Stars